- Application Form- The application form must be completed in detail and filed in accordance with the requirements of the public announcement published concerning the vacancy and these rules.
- Age- No one shall be allowed to take a civil service entrance exam unless they are at least 18 years of age but not 36 years of age or older.
- Relatives- No individual shall be hired to fill any position that would result in any employee supervising another employee who is related within the third degree consanguinity or second degree of affinity to the supervising employee.
- Physical Fitness- Application and preliminary interview must show that the applicant is physically sound and free from any defect which would adversely affect his/her performance of duty.
- Criminal Record- Applicants must meet current requirements as established by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection as applicable.
- Certification- Applicants must meet the certification requirements as established by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection for certification as a Basic Firefighter as well as the certification requirements as established by the Texas Department of State Health Services as a Basic Emergency Medical Technician.
- Minimum Education- All applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- All applicants must be able to read and write the English language.
- Citizenry- All applicants must be a citizen of the United States.
Please note that hiring preference shall be given to those with Paramedic Certification.